Sunday, August 05, 2007

Phew!

I just finished a bit of a Stephen King reading binge. In the last week or so I finished Rage, The Long Walk, Roadwork, The Running Man, and The Dead Zone.

The Long Walk was probably the most creative and interesting of the bunch, and daresay it was my favorite of the bunch. Review forthcoming.

Roadwork was a bit dreary to work through. It was a straight story by King, which was a bit of a twist, but I suppose all of his Bachman books are King getting out of horror a bit. Running Man is a bit of sci-fi, though in a very real sense so is The Long Walk.

I don't think that I'd recommend The Bachman Books, that omnibus of four early Stephen King novels written as Richard Bachman, but they do read fast and if you're trying read all of King's work it is kind of essential...but as stories, as novels, these are not strong efforts.


In other news something about my All Consuming links of what I'm reading isn't working...or at least it isn't working on Firefox or IE on my computer here. If I can figure that out...

No comments: