Thursday, August 23, 2007

Overzealous

Once again I have been a bit overzealous with my library useage. I have quite a list of books that I have at home from the library, and another short stack of stuff "in transit" from the library. I may need a pretty efficient next two weeks to work through this stack.

At Home:
Bleak Seasons, by Glen Cook
The Merchant and the Alchemist's Gate, by Ted Chiang
Arrowsmith, by Sinclair Lewis
The Golden, by Lucius Shepard
Fraud of the Century, by Roy Morris Jr
The Shining, by Stephen King
March, by Geraldine Brooks
Dark Journey, by Elaine Cunningham
Sky Coyote, by Kage Baker
Blood and Iron, by Elizabeth Bear
Dark Harvest, by Norman Partridge


On the Way:
Currency of Souls, by Kealan Patrick Burke
Iron Sunrise, by Charles Stross
The Man from the Diogenes Club, by Kim Newman
The Ocean and All Its Devices: Stories, by William Browning Spencer
The Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes, by Neil Gaiman
Stories of Your Life and Others, by Ted Chiang
The Silver Spike, by Glen Cook

3 comments:

Andy Wolverton said...

Man, I wish my library had Dark Harvest...

I've never read anything by Glen Cook. Can you recommend a good starting point?

Joe said...

Do you like Steven Erikson's Malazan novels?

Start with The Black Company. It's the first in the series and tells a fairly straightforward tale of what seems like the original version of Erikson's Bridgeburners.

The Black Company series just gets better as it progresses.

Andy Wolverton said...

Thanks, Joe - I'll check it out. If I like The Black Company, I'll probably pick up the new omnibus edition that Tor is releasing in November.