Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Forthcoming Fiction from September to December 2007

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
I'm flat out stealing this idea from Andy Wolverton's recent post where he listed out a few books coming out in the near future. From the Locus listing of Forthcoming Books, here's what has my interest in the last four months of the year.

The Elves of the Cintra, by Terry Brooks (Del Rey)
The Bonehunters, by Steven Erikson (Tor)
The Blade Itself, by Joe Abercrombie (Pyr)

20th Century Ghosts, by Joe Hill (Harpercollins)
The Empire of Ivory, by Naomi Novik (Del Rey)
The Merchants War, by Charles Stross (Tor)

Gentlemen of the Road, by Michael Chabon (Del Rey)

Not a blessed thing.

Interestingly enough, Terry Goodkind's Confessor is not listed on Locus and near as I can tell still has a sale date of November 13. I would like to see how Goodkind closes The Sword of Truth out. Also missing is Mike Resnick's Starship: Mercenary from Pyr in December. Highly anticipated.


Andy Wolverton said...

It's an honor to be stolen from! There are certainly many more books I'm interested in, but in most cases they're part of a series (Novik, Donaldson, Monette, etc.) that I either haven't started or caught up with.

Lawrence said...

Of course there is a blessed thing coming in December, but apparently not listed on Locus(?), it's Charlie Huston's "Half The Blood Of Brooklyn" part three of the Joe Pitt series. I was not too impressed with 'Armageddon's Children' (gave it 4/10) so I will not be picking up Elves of Cintra I guess.

Joe Sherry said...

Haven't read the first Charlie Huston novel, so I don't have anticipation for that one.

I enjoyed Armageddon's Children and still generally have enjoyment from Terry Brooks, so while it isn't a real excitement, it is something that I want to read each year.

Likewise I don't get giddy about The Merchants War because of the three novels Stross has published in this setting exactly one has been any good at all.

◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates