Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Interfictions Reading - Minneapolis Folks!

Local independent bookseller Magers & Quinn is hosting a reading from Interfictions 2: An Anthology of Interstitial Writing.

Info here.
Interfictions 2: An Anthology of Interstitial Writing is a genre-spanning collection of short stories from 21 authors from around the world. An amazing four of the authors are from the Twin Cities, and they'll all be reading at Magers & Quinn Booksellers, Friday, January 29, at 7:30pm.
I point this out for a couple of reasons, but mostly because of the line up.

Alan DeNiro

Kelly Barnhill

David Schwartz


William Alexander



All four are local (Twin Cities) writers. I'm not familiar with the work of William Alexander, but I am of the other three. Well, I've only read David Schwartz's novella The Sun Inside (very good), but Barnhill and DeNiro are the draws (for me). Alan DeNiro is the author of the excellent Skinny Dipping in the Lake of the Dead and Total Oblivion, More or Less, which I very much want to read. Kelly Barnhill has thus far been a short story writer (see Jeff VanderMeer's "Conversations with the Bookless" interview with Kelly), but she has a novel coming out from Little, Brown later this year. Can't wait to read it!

I've met Alan and Kelly and they are both quite delightful people and I think this should be a fantastic reading. I should really go, huh? So should you.

No comments: