Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Steven Brust interviewed

In a post designed very much to make me happy, Jo Walton interviews Steven Brust over at Tor.com.
Jo: Did you write Dragon that way to make it impossible to read the series in chronological order?

SKZB: Jo, I am a serious writer, attempting to explore the limits of my craft while expressing my observations on the human conditions by the interaction of form and content within the....

Um, yeah.

Jo: I knew it!

Brust is, not surprisingly, playful and inscrutable, but always interesting.

I'm two books into Brust's Vlad Taltos series, loving it, and I really need to read the rest of it sooner rather than later.

Also, I'll try not to make the blog a Tor.com / Jo Walton love-fest, but Walton's entries over there are absolutely must-read for fans of the genre.

No comments: