Thursday, January 29, 2009

Forthcoming 2009: Quarter 2

Usually early in whatever quarter of the year we're in I like to take a look at the Locus list of books coming out in the next quarter. I just like to see what's coming out that I should keep an eye out for. It's about that time. So, here's what I think looks good in the second quarter of 2009. Obviously, publishing schedules can and do change.

April
The God Engine, by John Scalzi: New Scalzi, and a novella? Yeah, I've gotta get me some of that. (Regarding Henry? Witness?)

The Revolution Business, by Charles Stross: I am seldom enthused about Stross's fiction, but I'd be happy with another half dozen more of this series.


May
Federations, by John Joseph Adams (editor): I like JJA's work as an anthologist, so there's no way I'm missing this one.

The City & the City, by China Mieville: Hey, it's new Mieville. I'm not sure I really care what it is about. It's worth a look.

Night of Knives, by Ian Cameron Esslemont: New Malazan from the other guy who created the world.

Son of Retro Pulp Tales, by Joe R. Lansdale (editor): First one was good, time for more.

World's End, by Mark Chadbourn: I know nothing, but I think this is going to be one of the major US releases of the year - along with the rest of Chadbourn's novels coming out in 2009.


June
Well...nothing. Joe Abercrombie's book is UK only, and nothing else really interests me.

Here's my Q1 list for 2009.

3 comments:

Jeff C said...

I dont see the last Ruckley on your list. Are you not a fan of The Godless World trilogy?

Joe said...

Just haven't read it, actually. That's the Winterbirth / Bloodheir guy?

Jeff C said...

yessir..and its pretty darn good, i think :)