Saturday, November 08, 2008

stuff coming up

Well, I've hit a bit of a lull, so here's what sort of content you can expect to see here in the near future.

Reviews of:
Plugged In, from L. Timmel Duchamp and Maureen McHugh (this'll post on monday, I read it back in late September)
Cold Copper Tears, from Glen Cook
Electric Velocipede: Issue 14

The above three are all stuff I hope to have for next week. I expect I'll finish Fast Ships, Black Sails in the next week or so. The same with the third Wheel of Time novel The Dragon Reborn. Reviews of both will follow. I don't really expect either to show up next week, though.

After that?

I'm not rightly sure. I plan to start the new Ender novel from Orson Scott Card, Ender in Exile, fairly soon. Since Card is bringing the focus back to Ender and it is set between Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead, I have high hopes that won't doesn't suck like Card's Bean novels (the Shadow offshoot series). I feel the need to start The Gyspy Morph soon, too.

Other stuff I'm thinking of reading sooner rather than later:
Worldwired, by Elizabeth Bear
Street of Shadows, by Michael Reaves
Tsunami, by L. Timmel Duchamp
The Stress of Her Regard, by Tim Powers
The Shadow Matrix, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
Last Days, by Brian Evenson

So, there's lots of good stuff coming up, but I'm almost caught up on the reviews I have pending (meaning, finished the book), so I'm going to have to come up with some alternate content.

Or read faster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a web site, http://jijol.com, and have spent a lot of time and effort to ensure my visitors gain the maximum benefit from their visit, and from what I have to offer.

As our web sites are closely related and our products do not compete, I feel the exchanging of links would be a mutually beneficial arrangement. If you are interested in exchanging links, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Kindly add my site to your Link Exchange Tabs / Blog Roll and shoot me an email so that I can do that same for your site.

Title: Jijol.Com - Key To Success
URL: http://jijol.com

Best regards,
Joseph

The Keys to Success: 21 Things Every Teen Should Know