Saturday, November 22, 2008

sale!

Clarkesworld Books is having what may be one last big sale (via Tor.com). Nic Clarke had to close a year or two ago but he still had inventory on hand and as he posted on the store's front page,

The point of re-opening is to clear out the remaining inventory that is filling our house. At present, I'm trying to get rid of enough inventory to allow our children to move into a larger bedroom, currently used as storage. So, don't just look at it as simply buying books, you're making two little boys very happy.

I'm thinking about it. I probably don't need to spend $35 (the minimum order), but I do have some spare spending cash and Clarkesworld has a LOT of back issues of some magazines I'd like to read. Besides an autographed copy or two of a novel (or two) I'd like, I could also get a lot of fiction for those $35.

The only problem? I have two issues of Asimov's and four issues of Weird Tales back from when I subscribed that I still haven't read. If I buy a stack of magazines what makes me think I'll get to them any sooner?

I'm waffling, but I kind of want to spend some money and just do it. Not sure how long the sale will be going and when it is done Clarkesworld will be closed again.

Hmmm!

No comments: