Tuesday, November 04, 2008

a good week for MRK

I'll say this has been a pretty good week for Mary Robinette Kowal.

Her story "Waiting for Rain" is up at Subterranean Online (one of my favorite markets). In a recent post, she mentioned her short fiction collection forthcoming from Subterranean Press (I mentioned this a while back), and keeping with the Subterranean theme, there is also an interview with Mary over there. I read the story a few months ago and it's a good one.

Today Mary announced her first sale to Asimov's!

I'm very happy for her. Not to get ahead of myself (or ahead of Mary), but it is worth noting that despite several years of very good stories from Elizabeth Bear, she didn't pick up her first Hugo nomination (or win) until "Tideline" was published in Asimov's. I'm just saying. First the Campbell, next the world!