Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Six Reasons to read The First Law

Jeff Vandermeer asked Joe Abercrombie for reasons why people should read his books. Joe answers at Omnivoracious.

2. Because its frequent explosions of visceral action are the closest you can get to being hit in the mouth with a mace and still keep all your teeth. Its selection of rooftop chases, duels to the death, chaotic melees in all weathers and full-scale pitched battles are so exciting they may cause you to lose control of your bodily functions.

Abercrombie's answers are fully awesome and had I not read and enjoyed the hell out of the first two, those six answers would be more than enough to get me reading. (Still waiting for my library to even stock The Last Argument of Kings).

As it is, I wanted to point out that post for sheer cool factor.

1 comment:

Tia Nevitt said...

Just reading that made me want to cover my teeth protectively. I really need to read these. I remember enjoying the excerpt posted online.