Wednesday, June 13, 2007

where there is smoke there are zombies?

7:52 AM - Traffic was fairly light this morning. Most of the cars were parked on the side of the Interstate, and everybody was out gawking at something. The middle lane was clear.

I know what they were looking at. There was an immense cloud of smoke coming from the direction of the Mall of America. Not a plume, a cloud. It nearly blotted out the sun on that side of town. The radio stations are unclear as to what is happening. Lots of screaming.

As I drove towards Minneapolis there were more cars getting onto the road. Folks still do need to go to work, but I don't know how productive today will be. Lots of ears will be glued to the radio and to whatever televisions are around. I would wager that local news websites will be flooded to a crawl. The Star Tribune was down when I just checked.

Worse, though. As I passed Lake Street I saw a couple of cars were overturned and on fire. Like the troubles in Bloomington have anything to do with the Lake Street residents. If North Minneapolis is causing problems, too, this will be just stupid.

Now this may be the last update until after work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a hard time believe it, but after seeing neighbor eat his own dog, and have his *friend* attack me, it sunk in. They're slow, so you should be alright. Stay strong!

--Obvious

Anonymous said...

Listen man - get all the food, water, and if you can't get a damn gun a small pick axe might do (you cash them in the brains with it) and hole up somewhere. They will rot, but it takes time. Only the recently deceased can ambulate. Good luck. My parents saw this kinda thing back in the sixties here in Western Pennsylvania. We can beat them - I heard on short wave there's already hunting parties out around here taking out these chowder heads. Hope where you're at allows red necks to own guns.

Joe said...

Things are bad...my neighbors are looking rough...