Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Arrived: Electric Velocipede Issue Eleven


Today there was a solitary envelope in the mailbox. No junk mail, just a brown envelope with John Klima's name on the return address. Inside the envelope: Electric Velocipede - Issue Eleven. This, like the other magazines I've mentioned recently, is the first issue of Electric Velocipede I have purchased.

Looks like a good line up: Tobias Buckell, Matthew Cheney, Jeffrey Ford, Catherynne M. Valente, and more.

Looking forward to it.

Oh, and I have started reading the first issue of Steampunk Magazine recently. The first of the stories (after an article and a couple of features on steampunky products) is up next. I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect I won't be ordering issue 2 or anything further (nor reading the free PDFs online because, well, I dislike reading PDFs)

1 comment:

Andy Wolverton said...

Hi Joe - I just read your Amazon review of Lucius Shepard's Softspoken which I picked up today at the library. I'm eager to dive into it, even more so after reading your review.

Looks like we have similar reading tastes. I'll be sure to visit your blog again. Mine, if you're interested, is

www.awolverton.blogspot.com

Andy Wolverton