Thursday, December 02, 2010

The Taxidermist's Other Wife, by Kelly Barnhill

Since it is the beginning of another month, we have another set of stories from Clarkesworld Magazine.  I assume you've been reading Clarkesworld for a while now, but just in case you haven't...

The one I wanted to point out, if you haven't noted the title of this post, is "The Taxidermists's Other Wife", by Kelly Barnhill.  This is a twisted little tale, especially as the realization begins to set in. 

Now, I have to admit, Kelly Barnhill is a friend and a delightful person.  BUT, she is also a wonderful writer and while I've been anticipating her debut novel (The Mostly True Story of Jack, due out August 2011), I'm thrilled to run across her stories anywhere they may be.  You may recognize Barnhill from the VanderMeer's pirate anthology Fast Ships, Black Sails (though, clearly not from my review).  She's also been published in Weird Tales, Fantasy Magazine, Postscripts, and Sybil's Garage.  Not too shabby.

Now go read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you liked it! It's such an odd little piece - I was worried it wouldn't find a home.

Thanks for mention on your lovely, lovely blog. Cheers!

Joe said...

Anytime I can give you a shout out!