Saturday, April 25, 2009

More Red Ink

I just stumbled across a blog entry asking whether it should be okay for writers and editors to engage reviewers.

The blog belongs to Marty Halpern, former editor of Golden Gryphon Press. More Red Ink.

I commented on Marty's post and I pretty much agree that it should be. I think there should be a conversation between writers and reviewers. Assuming, of course, that it is in fact a conversation. It's worth having. It's worth discussing what the hell it is that I've missed.

I do mean that. I'm sure I miss rather important points that might change my reading of a novel or a story and I'd like to know about it. It may not change that particular review (actually, it will not change that particular review), but it can help me on future reviews.

The flip side, of course, is that the conversation could turn into sniping and spamming. In that case, nobody comes out looking good.

Still. I think it's a good idea.

No comments: