Friday, October 31, 2008

Ysabel...

I had intended to post a review of Ysabel tonight, rounding out my reviews of the World Fantasy Award nominees.

Not going to happen. I just don't have it in me to write up a review tonight. Hopefully tomorrow, but I'm definitely aiming to get it out before the awards are announced...plus, that will let me write up and post my thoughts on the overall category.

So, here's the skinny: Ysabel is an outstanding novel. It was my first exposure to Kay and I'm going to read more of his work. I don't know if Ysabel is quite the best novel in this category, but it is damn close.

If I had a vote, I still think I would give the edge to Territory. Emma Bull is awesome.

On the off chance that I don't get to the review and the thoughts...that's my thought.

No comments: