Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rachel Swirsky Interviewed by Jeff Vandermeer

Jeff Vandermeer is starting a series of interviews with people he is calling “Conversations With The Bookless”, talented writers who are year(s) away from writing / publishing their first book. For his first interview he selected Rachel Swirsky.

Discerning readers of this site will remember Rachel Swirsky from her Subterranean Online story “Dispersed by the Sun, Melting in the Wind” and her Konundrum story “A Letter Never Sent”, both of which I was impressed with...in particular “A Letter Never Sent”. She’s a writer I’m watching and excited about.

It’s a good interview. I like the work I’ve read from Swirsky and it was fun seeing her interviewed since she is, after all, The Bookless.

Wonder who else he has on tap for interviews. I have ideas on who I would want to interview (Swirsky, Lori Selke, Mary Robinette Kowal, Elizabeth Bear, etc), so I wonder if Vandermeer will come up with some more short fiction writers I’m reading these days.

No comments: