Wednesday, September 19, 2007

OMG! OMW!


It’s official! John Scalzi is writing a fourth entry in his Old Man’s War universe titled Zoe’s Tale. Previous entries are: Old Man’s War, The Ghost Brigades, The Last Colony. I really did not expect Scalzi to write another OMW novel, or at least not so soon, but he sold it to Tor, he’s writing it now, and Zoe’s Tale is officially near the top of my Most Anticipated Books list (it’s sort of like Most Favored Nation status, only without the perks).

Scalzi reports in a SF Scope mini interview that Zoe’s Tale is a standalone story and does not require one to have read three rather excellent novels to “get” what’s going on.

It should go without saying that I am excited by this news, but it won’t. I’m not ashamed. I’m excited by this news and for a new OMW story.

No comments: