Friday, February 24, 2012

One Eyed Jack and the Suicide King: Sold!!!

Here's a hearty congratulations to Elizabeth Bear.  Her now forthcoming novel One Eyed Jack and the Suicide King has been sold to Prime Books and is tentatively slated for publication sometime in 2013.

Y'all, I don't think I can express how friggin excited I am by this news.  Now, you all know I like me some Bear.  This is understood. But, I love me some Promethean AgeOne Eyed Jack and the Suicide King is the fifth volume in Bear's Promethean Age series, which we have neither seen nor heard a peep of since 2008 as Roc, the previous publisher, declined to buy any more of these damned wonderful fantastic novels.

From Bear's livejournal, she writes

I should mention that this book takes place between Blood & Iron and Whiskey & Water, except the bits that take place long before either, and it's on the opposite coast. So it totally functions as a stand-alone novel.

Waaaay back in 2007, Subterranean Press published an excerpt.  Go take a gander.  

Can't. Friggin. Wait.  

No comments: