Friday, February 17, 2012

The Missing: 2011

I posted a similar list last year, and I think it is worth posting a number of the books I didn't read in 2011.  Now, the actual list is absurdly long, but this is a decent representation of books I would have liked to have read and, for various reasons, never did.

For the sake of keeping this list manageable, I limited it to genre books.  If I browsed through listings of LitFic and Nonfiction, well, the list would be absurd. 


The Heroes, by Joe Abercrombie
The Dragon's Path, by Daniel Abraham
Daybreak Zero, by John Barnes
The Mostly True Story of Jack, by Kelly Barnhill
Leviathan Wakes, by James S. A. Corey
The Sacred Band, by David Anthony Durham
Raising Stony Mayhall, by Daryl Gregory
The Magician King, by Lev Grossman
God's War, by Kameron Hurley
The Kingdom of Gods, by N. K. Jemisin
11/22/63, by Stephen King
Of Blood and Honey, by Stina Leicht
A Dance With Dragons, by George R. R. Martin
Soft Apocalypse, by Will McIntosh
Embassytown, by China Mieville
The Tempering of Men, by Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear
The Cold Commands, by Richard K. Morgan
The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
The Tiger’s Wife, by Tea Obreht
Akata Witch, by Nnedi Okorafor
Ganymede, by Cherie Priest
The Quantum Thief, by Hannu Rajaniemi
The Diviner, by Melanie Rawn
City of Ruins, by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
The Alloy of Law, by Brandon Sanderson
Fuzzy Nation, by John Scalzi
Eclipse Four, by Jonathan Strahan
Osama, by Lavie Tidhar
Deathless, by Catherynne M. Valente
The Folded World, by Catherynne M. Valente
Zone One, by Colson Whitehead

And, finally, pretty much every awesome book published by Pyr and Night Shade Books.


Since I’ve posted this list almost two months later than usual, I have read Fuzzy Nation and The Heroes.  I’ve begun The Sacred Band and have God’s War and Soft Apocalypse at home from the library.  I own copies of Daybreak Zero, The Mostly True Story of Jack, A Dance With Dragons, The Tempering of Men, Ganymede, The Diviner, The Allow of Law, Eclipse Four, and Deathless.  None of this helps me consider these novels for the best I read last year. 

No comments: