Monday, February 15, 2010

The Women of Nell Gwynne's

My review of Kage Baker's The Women of Nell Gwynne's is up at the Sacramento Book Review.

Excellent novella.

Check out the review.


Edit: I should note that this review was written and submitted in late December and that the time from submission to publication is normal for online reviews at SBR. At the time I wrote this I was genuinely hopeful we would have the opportunity to see more Nell Gwynne's stories (there is a new one at Subterranean Online).

Kage Baker passed away on January 31. Until her final weeks, Kage kept her health from being a public matter.

This is to say that I apologize if the close of my review comes across as uncaring or ignorant. Neither was intended.

I also do not intend any slight to be given to SBR regarding the timing of the review's posting. The lead time for publication was typical and appropriate. It's just an unfortunate circumstance that a review hoping for more fiction from Kage was posted two short weeks after she passed.

No comments: