Thursday, February 25, 2010

almost hugo

There’s only two weeks left before Hugo nominations are in. I’m not exactly hustling, but I want to give myself a buffer, so I plan to send in my ballot early next week.

I would really like to knock off a couple of potentials over the weekend.

I’m both excited to send in my first nomination ballot as well as feeling slightly overwhelmed. I don’t feel like I’ve read enough, though I’m fairly content with what I’ve got set up in the ballot. I’m sure there is something I’ll read on March 16 that will blow everything else out of the water and make me wish I could still have nominated it.

Argh.

3 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Every year I think I'm going to do this and then end up backing out, mostly because I don't tend to read enough of the current stuff to feel like I have a legitimate voice. I am trying to read more stuff as it comes out this year so that perhaps next I'll feel better about spending the money and putting my two cents in.

Greyweather said...

"I don’t feel like I’ve read enough"

Who has? The output of books in a given year is just tremendous. I mean, just look at the Locus recommended reading list. It has 62 novels on the list alone. It would take me the rest of the year to read all of those.

Joe said...

Yeah. I could read 500 books a year (as many as Larry) and I'd probably still feel like I'm missing something important.