Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shadow Unit: "Getaway"

I’m two weeks late on this, but I finally read the new Shadow Unit episode.

Way to completely rip out my heart and pour lemon juice on it, Emma, thanks.

Getaway” is the fourth episode of Season 2 and it is a Chaz centric-episode. If you’ve read the first season, and you should have, “Getaway” is the episode where we really get the fallout from Refining Fire. Well, part of the fallout. I’ve been anticipating something in particular since Season 1 ended and while I still expect it, the Powers That Be aren’t pulling the trigger on it. Yet. Because I still believe.

But what I really want to say about “Getaway” is that this is one of the heartbreakingly best stories in Shadow Unit, and that bar was already set extraordinarily high.

You could jump in and just read the story without knowing what came before, but the impact would be severely lessened by not knowing Chaz from the previous episodes. The thing about this Chaz-

But…holy God…


(don't forget the DVD extra for this ep)

No comments: