Sunday, June 21, 2009

Genesis, by Paul Chafe

My review of Paul Chafe's novel Genesis is up at Fantasy Magazine. For those so inclined, it can be found here.



For the blog, I've been a little slack. I've struggled with my review of L. Timmel Duchamp's Tsunami. I know sort of what I want to do with it, but not enough that I'm doing the job I want to do with it. Not compared to my reviews of the first two novels in the series. I set myself a bar which I would prefer to at least continue to meet and that's my struggle. Everything I have to say isn't good enough. I don't know what my resolution is here.

Following that, or before if I don't progress, I want to review C. J. Cherryh's Cyteen. Very good novel, and I entirely blame Jo Walton for hooking me on Cherryh. I doubt I can cover Cyteen near as well as Walton, but who can?

After that? I dunno. I've sent back a bunch of books to the library unread so I can focus better on those I have to review for Fantasy Mag, the one for SBR, the stuff I've accepted to review for the blog, and the oodles of used books I recently picked up - including damn near the full set of Wild Cards novels and a handful of Cherryh novels.

No comments: