Monday, September 20, 2004

Sigh

CNN.com: Why not release both the originals and special editions on DVD?
George Lucas: The special edition, that's the one I wanted out there. The other movie, it's on VHS, if anybody wants it. ...

I'm not going to spend the, we're talking millions of dollars here, the money and the time to refurbish that, because to me, it doesn't really exist anymore. It's like this is the movie I wanted it to be, and I'm sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it. But I want it to be the way I want it to be.

I'm the one who has to take responsibility for it. I'm the one who has to have everybody throw rocks at me all the time, so at least if they're going to throw rocks at me, they're going to throw rocks at me for something I love rather than something I think is not very good, or at least something I think is not finished.


Sigh.

The problem is that the VHS copy i have is the "Special Edition". Well, it's the 1997 Special Edition, not the 2004 Special Edition. I don't have the Original Trilogy. But, i'm going to have to get the DVD because I have to have Star Wars on DVD.

It would be nice if we could get the original unaltered movies on DVD. It is a part of movie history. The original Star Wars was the film that was nominated for Oscars, not the "special edition".

Source

No comments: