Friday, June 20, 2014

John Picacio: 2014 Hugo Award Nominated Artist Spotlight

You know who John Picacio is, right?  If you've been paying any attention at all to cover art for the last five years, you've seen his work.  Picacio has a very distinctive style and it is often easy to recognize a Picacio cover.  He has twice won the Hugo Award for Best Professional Artist, has won a World Fantasy Award, a Chesley, and I'm pretty sure he's been nominated for everything an artist can be nominated for.  If he hasn't, I expect he will be very soon.

I'm a big fan of the "La Luna" piece. Beautiful and striking. Also, "The Good Life."

All images are used with permission.



El Arpa


El Paraguas


La Luna
 

The Good Life


2014 Calendar

3 comments:

Kendall said...

Simply one of my favorite artists.

Joe said...

Mine, too. I meant to get this up on Wednesday and...life. It just didn't happen.

Race said...

Amazing artist and an even nicer guy.