Sunday, May 18, 2014

2013 Nebula Award Winners

Sunday, May 18, 2014
(Via Tor.com)

The 2013 Nebula Awards were given out last night. Below is the list of winners (full nominees can be found here):

Best Novel: Ancillary Justice, by Ann Leckie
Best Novella: "The Weight of the Sunrise", by Vylar Kaftan
Best Novelette: "The Waiting Stars", by Aliette de Bodard (my review)
Best Short Story: "If You Were a Dinosaur, My Love", by Rachael Swirsky (my review)
Ray Bradbury Award for Best Dramatic Presentation: Gravity
Andre Norton Award for Young Adult Science Fiction: Sister Mine, by Nalo Hopkinson

Congratulations to all the winners.  I was not able to read either Ann Leckie's novel or Vylar Kaftan's novella before the awards, but I very much enjoyed and admired the stories from Aliette de Bodard and Rachael Swirsky. I have been a fan of both authors for years and I am very happy that each were recognized with Nebula Awards this year.  Congratulations again.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates