Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brain Pickings: My New Favorite Everything

Holy crap, people.  I don't know if I'm the last person on Earth to discover this, but thanks to the Magic of the Internet* I now know of Brain Pickings, a website of sheer awesomeness and the work of Maria Popova.

*(at this time the role of The Internet will be played by Tobias Buckell on Twitter)

About Brain Pickings:


Brain Pickings is a human-powered discovery engine for interestingness, culling and curating cross-disciplinary curiosity-quenchers, and separating the signal from the noise to bring you things you didn’t know you were interested in until you are.
 
...

Brain Pickings is your LEGO treasure chest, full of pieces across art, design, science, technology, philosophy, history, politics, psychology, sociology, ecology, anthropology, you-name-itology. Pieces that enrich your mental pool of resources and empower you to combine them into original concepts that are stronger, smarter, richer, deeper and more impactful — a modest, curiosity-driven exercise in vision- and mind-expansion. Please enjoy.

Or, as I described it elsewhere, Brain Pickings is a website which compiles all the coolest smart shit that I never would have known about, and then TELLS ME ABOUT IT!

For example, I want to know more about The Physics Book, color theory, and this.  And everything.

So much of what I read here pushes me into another digression, to another post, and to another fascinating subject.  It's all stuff that I didn't know I was interested in.  Until I was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in love with your "holy craps" and "ya'll" and your enthusiasm about the book life in general. Yowzas.

Joe said...

Well, thank you very much. :)