Here is the final tally for the books I read in February 2009. Unlike previous months / years, I'm going to keep the yearly count going rather than renumber each month. It's a trivial thing, really, so we'll see what I think of it.
11. Tempest – Troy Denning
12. The Shadow Rising – Robert Jordan
13. Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor – Matthew Stover
14. The Sparrow – Mary Doria Russell
15. New Moon – Stephanie Meyer
16. So Yesterday – Scott Westerfeld
17. Last Days – Brian Evenson
18. Hand of Isis – Jo Graham
19. Shambling Towards Hiroshima – James Morrow
20. Sons of Heaven – Kage Baker
21. Duma Key – Stephen King
6. Transmetropolitan: Lust for Life – Warren Ellis
7. Uptown Girl: Black and White World – Bob Lipski
8. Serenity: Those Left Behind – Joss Whedon
9. Serenity: Better Days – Joss Whedon
The best books of February were The Sparrow and Hand of Isis. Easily. The Sparrow is without question one of the best books I'll have read all year. The Sparrow is on my longlist for year's best. (so is Hand of Isis, but I don't think it'll make the short list).
Worst book...well...if you guessed New Moon you'd be right.