Here's the final list for what I read in January 2009. Links are to the reviews.
1. Wild Space – Karen Miller
2. After the Downfall – Harry Turtledove (link is to the Sacramento Book Review)
3. The Seeing Stone – Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi
4. Fathom – Cherie Priest
5. Alembical – Lawrence Schoen and Arthur Dorrance (editors)
6. Soldiers Live – Glen Cook
7. A Companion to Wolves – Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear
8. The Somnambulist – Jonathan Barnes
9. Last Argument of Kings – Joe Abercrombie
10. Peeps – Scott Westerfeld
1. After 9/11 – Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season Eight: Wolves at the Gate – Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon
3. Uptown Girl: Begin the Begin – Bob Lipski
4. Mouse Guard: Fall 1152 – David Petersen
5. Locke and Key: Welcome to Lovecraft – Joe Hill
This was a good month. There are three books I would consider Best of Year candidates: Fathom, A Companion to Wolves, and Last Argument of Kings.
Nothing is really bad, nothing I want to point as as a Worst of the Year candidate (or even a Worst of the Month candidate).
There were some happy discoveries: Uptown Girl, Mouse Guard, Locke and Key. There was re-familiarizing with excellent authors and excellent series. The Somnambulist was crazy. There was good reading.
This was a good month.