Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Charles Stross Sales


HALTING STATE author Charles Stross's 419, in which the Scottish police investigation of a serial killer who targets spammers uncovers a massive international "blacknet" conspiracy; ROGUE FARM, a short story collection; and THE FULLER MEMORANDUM, the third book in the Laundry supernatural thriller series, to Ginjer Buchanan at Ace, in a good deal, for publication in July 2010, by Caitlin Blasdell at Liza Dawson Associates (NA).
One of my favorite aspects of Colleen Lindsay's blog The Swivet is her round up of genre acquisitions, or, as I like to call them "sales". Just recently she posted the April sales and Charles Stross has three.

I'm not exactly high on Stross, but his stuff interests me in ways I can't quite explain given that I've quit on three of his books.

So, what do we have here? 419, something that I suspect I'm going to not like as much as Halting State, based on the description above. Rogue Farm, which makes me nervous because I haven't read much of his short work. And, finally, The Fuller Memorandum, which honestly and truly excites me because it is a new Bob Howard Laundry novel. The Fuller Memorandum has moved itself near the top of my 2010 MUST READ list. Those novels (Atrocity Archive, Jennifer Morgue) are damn good. I only wish it was sold to Golden Gryphon since they published the first two and in really nice editions. Plus, I could probably score an advanced review copy if the book was at Golden Gryphon.

No comments: