Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Missing: 2015

I posted a similar list last year, and I think it is worth posting a number of the books I didn't read in 2015.  Now, the actual list is absurdly long, but this is a decent representation of books I would have liked to have read and, for various reasons, never did.

For the sake of keeping this list manageable, I limited it to genre books.  If I browsed through listings of LitFic and Nonfiction, well, the list would be absurd. Even strictly genre, I could probably grow triple this list with ease.  Let's just say that reading more than 120 books in a year doesn't get you as far as you might think, even if all you read were books published that year (which I didn't). This still doesn't even scratch the list of SFF works that I missed this year. Heck, this only scratches the surface of the "notable" books that were half on my radar that I missed. I'll probably find another dozen in a few months.

I have put stars by the books that I currently own / have at home. I'm halfway through The Fifth Season right now, but am unlikely to finish it today (but if I did - I'm pretty sure it would have been near the top of my Best Of lists)

Half the World, by Joe Abercrombie
Half a War, by Joe Abercrombie
Twelve Kings in Sharakhai, by Bradley P. Beaulieu
The Skull Throne, by Peter V. Brett
The Aeronaut's Windlass, by Jim Butcher
Corsair, by James Cambais
Prudence, by Gail Carriger
Armada, by Ernest Cline

Nemesis Game, by James S. A. Corey
*Time Salvager, by Wesley Chu
*Black Wolves, by Kate Elliott
The Court of Fives, by Kate Elliott
Last First Snow, by Max Gladstone
Harrison Squared, by Daryl Gregory
The Library at Mount Char, by Scott Hawkins
*The Fifth Season, by N. K. Jemisin
Of Noble Family, by Mary Robinette Kowal
Cold Iron, by Stina Leicht
Day Four, by Sarah Lotz
The Autumn Republic, by Brian McClellan
Planetfall, by Emma Newman
Half Resurrection Blues, by Daniel Jose Older

Aurora, by Kim Stanley Robinson
A Darker Shade of Magic, by V. E. Schwab
Meeting Infinity, by Jonathan Strahan
The Mechanical, by Ian Tregellis
*Radiance, by Catherynne M. Valente
*Sisters of the Revolution, by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer

The Just City, by Jo Walton

No comments: