Friday, April 10, 2015

Speculative Fiction 2014 Contributors: Or, hey, I'm a in a book!

Book Smugglers Publishing has announced the contributors for the latest entry in the Hugo Award nominated series: Speculative Fiction 2014!

From the announcement

Edited by Renee Williams and Shaun Duke, Speculative Fiction 2014 collects over fifty pieces of online commentary on SFF from all corners of fandom. Celebrating diversity and change, the articles included here cover conversations and reviews about TV, movies, pop culture and books in what can only be described as a smorgasbord of awesome.

Finally, we are proud to announce that this year’s edition features a foreword from prolific Fantasy, Science Fiction and YA author, the awesome Kate Elliott! With over 20 books published and a strong online presence, Kate Elliott is the perfect voice to introduce this year’s edition.

I won't list all the contributors to Speculative Fiction 2014 here since there are over 50 of them (52 if I can at all count correctly), but what I would like to point out is, "hey, I'm in a book!"  I've been reading the commentaries of a number of the contributors here and am honored and chuffed to be in the same book as them.  My contribution to this collection is my article "On Merit, Awards, and What We Read", which I wrote following last year's Hugo Award announcement. Because of course if anything I wrote was going to end up in a book somewhere, it was going to be about the Hugo Awards.

I'd have posted about this sooner, but I didn't want this to leak out to my father before I was able to tell him in person at Easter. Let's just say that he was fairly excited for me.

You can find out more about the series here.

No comments: