Monday, January 22, 2007

Earth's Moon to Disintegrate

Well that's just false advertising. CNN reports that the moon will start to disintegrate and then I start to worry about the tides and little moonlets raining down and making like Deep Impact or something, but then I keep reading and this lunar event will occurin . . . 5 billion years or so when the Sun expands and turns into a Red Giant.

So, I've got time, right? We can deal with the global warming thing and pollution and terrorism and electing a Democrat to the White House first, right?

Personally, I would be more concerned with the Earth's orbit slowing, and this line from the article:
If the sun's photosphere reaches Earth, our planet too will experience drag and spiral into the Sun to be incinerated.
But as I said, I'll worry about other things first. Like paying next month's rent.

No comments: