Monday, March 27, 2006

Narnia review coming!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Woo hoo!  Buena Vista Home Entertainment is sending me a free review DVD of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  I’m excited!  They are actually sending me something I really want to see and just didn’t get around to seeing it in the theatre!  And to be honest, does Narnia need help to sell copies? 

 

That said, as I told my wife, BVHE is probably buttering me up because they’ll send me a review copy of Aquamarine in a couple of months.  You just wait.  I’ve called it here.  If they’ll send me Ice Princess, they’ll send me Aquamarine

1 comments:

Chris said...

I'm so sorry you'll be having to review Aquamarine, hopefully being able to review Narnia will make up for it.

Narnia was great, a wonderful adaptation of a classic story. It is very much an antidote to LOTR; a bright, joyful film that perfectly counters the gloom and doom of Tolkein's stories.

I loved LOTR as well, but it is nice to see different thematic veins popping up in the fantasy film genre.

Also, from an athiest's perspctive, too much is being made of the christian subtext. Lewis was a very religious person, so naturally some themes crept into his work, but the religous subtext doesn't get really heavy until later books in the series.

If you are a religous person, you will appreciate the allegory. If you are avoiding this movie becuase you view it as christian proaganda, you are missing out on a very good film.

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates