Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Earl 2

The second episode of My Name is Earl was on last night. Jason Lee may still be a golden god, but the show kind of isn't. It's decent enough and it is only 20 minutes of television on the DVR but it isn't as funny as I thought it could be with Lee in the lead. I know it doesn't fit the character of Earl, but those writers need to let Lee just unload with a monologue. It would be golden.

In other news, I figured out how I can watch Commander in Chief which airs at the same time as Earl and The Amazing Race. Bravo is showing reruns on saturday night (or is it sunday? Either way I set the recording), so I'll be able to keep up with the show until I decide whether or not to drop Earl. My DVR can get two programs at one time, but not three. The website for Chief is interesting, it's like one of those political blogs. I hope this show works. It's done by the guy who did The Contender, so it should.

I should be able to see the first episode of Race sometime this week. Last night was a little busy. Lost will have to wait until after we get back from Disney. Sandy is catching up on Season 1, so I'll hold off until we can watch it together.


I also recorded the two part Scorsese doc on Bob Dylan: No Direction Home. All reports tells me this documentary is a great one. I look forward to having the time to watch it. I'll have a lot of tv to catch up on when I get back on the 11th.

No comments: