Wednesday, August 24, 2005

more fall books to read

Wednesday, August 24, 2005
With the library system down online this week for new software to be installed it is a little hard to remember what books I was looking forward to because I didn't have them on my "to read" list, I just had them on hold. But reading an article on CNN I was reminded of a couple and also I acquired some new additions. So:

On Beauty - Zadie Smith
Shalimar the Clown - Salman Rushdie
Christ the Lord - Anne Rice (I don't know that this is necessarily going to be good, but I'm very interested to read what she does with this. Assuming Jesus doesn't turn into a Vampire, we might be surprised here)
One Bullet Away - Nathaniel Fick
My War: Killing Time in Iraq - Colby Buzzell
All Rivers Flow to the Sea - Alison McGhee (I wish this was an adult novel, rather than young adult, but McGhee is a favorite author of mine)

3 comments:

Nic Kockum said...

Dude, what about George R.R. Martin's A Feast for Crows? To hell with Potter, that's the must read of the YEAR.

Joe Sherry said...

See the "fall semester" blog entry. The George Martin book is the one book I actually plan on buying this year without question.

Nic Kockum said...

Whoey... missed that. Oops.

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates